Banking and OWS, Discussion of Occupy Wall Street, Eviction Defense, Goldman Sachs, Great Depression, Herman Cain, MSNBC, Occupy Movement News, Occupy News, Occupy Wall Street, Pioneer Valley, Protest News, Protests, Rachel, Rachel Maddow, Republican, United States, Wall Street
The Pioneer Valley’s very own pride and joy, Rachel Maddow, discusses the recent phenomenon ‘Eviction Resistance’. A short watch, see it here.
Reminiscent of the ‘Eviction Defense’ actions of the Great Depression (a manipulated economic crash orchestrated by Goldman Sachs, the “pioneers in the use of commercial paper, which is just a fancy way of saying they made money lending out short-term IOUs to smalltime vendors in downtown Manhattan”, , similar tactics are beginning to happen with more regularity and, often, success, with many facing eviction resisting with the help of friends, neighbors, and complete strangers, summoned via social media.
The Eviction Defenses of the Great Depression — often resulting in rioting — were initiated by a sort of old-fashioned social media; people spread the word up and down the street and thousands would show up. In this video Rachel discusses past and present Eviction Defense/Resistance — watch now.
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Shames Tim Pawlenty (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rachel Maddow Celebrates 16th Anniversary Of Ethics Investigation On Newt Gingrich (mediaite.com)
- Rachel Maddow Takes Her Herman Cain-Bashing To A New Level (huffingtonpost.com)
- Video: See Rachel Maddow’s salute to Barney Frank (pinkbananaworld.com)
- New at Reason: Sheldon Richman on What’s the Matter with Rachel Maddow (reason.com)